Winter season is here and it’s time for a family vacation! The snowy hill stations are the perfect destination to visit in winters. Shimla is one of the most famous hill stations in India. Himachal Pradesh is the land of numerous idyllic places. Manali and Dharamshala are among the two most travelled tourist attractions alongside Shimla. A trip to these hill stations is ideal for winter holidays. You can book a Shimla Manali Dharamshala Tour Package from Delhi to visit all the major attractions without any stress. The tour itinerary covers all the essential places for a perfect trip.
While finalising a Shimla Manali Dharamshala tour package, one might be curious about the different places they are going to visit. It is also quite important to know what should be the plan of action. Proper planning and preparation are always advantageous for experiencing an ideal trip.
Here is a ready guide to a memorable holiday this winter to the top hill stations, including Shimla, Manali and Dharamshala:
- The number one aspect of planning a trip is packing. As hill stations in winters are naturally cold, you should carry a lot of warm clothes like jackets and woollen sweaters. There is also the possibility of snow in these places. So, you should carry some sturdy shoes with good grip. Winter apparels like caps, gloves and warmers (innerwear) are among other essentials.
- Shopping is a must on a trip. People love to buy souvenirs for remembering their trips. Himachal Emporium and Lakkar Bazaar are great for shopping. You can buy traditional apparels and local handicrafts from these places and other local shops. Tibetan artefacts and decoration items of Dharamshala are quite popular as well.
- The local cuisine is one of the highlights of travelling. Hotels in these hill stations offer a variety of cuisines ranging from Tibetan food in Dharamshala and traditional dishes of Himachal. If one is curious to taste the traditional dishes of Himachal like Sidu, Patande and Dham, Himachali Rasoi in Shimla is a great option to cherish that.
Highlights of the Journey:
- The trip starts at Shimla, the capital of Himachal Pradesh. The places to visit here are Jakhoo Temple, Mall Road, Lakkar Bazaar and Kalibari Temple. Night view of Shimla is quite stunning.
The Next Destination is Manali:
- The local temples like Vashisht temple and Hadimba temple showcase unique architecture. Treks to Brighu Lake and Nehru Kund are great for adventure. Though it remains closed in most of the winter season, Rohtang Pass is for adventure seekers and has great views.
The Final Destination is Dharamshala:
- It is influenced by Tibetan and Buddhist culture due to Tibetan government-in-exile headquarters in McLeod Ganj. It is also the home to his holiness Dalai Lama (after his exile). The top places to visit are the Chintpurni Devi Temple and Dal Lake. McLeod Ganj is quite famous for its serene and spiritual Buddhist monasteries. You can shop for various Tibetan artefacts in the local shops. Tsuglagkhang is the complex where Dalai Lama resides. It has various monasteries and Stupas to visit.
Things to Do:
- Snowfall during winters opens the possibility of a variety of activities for tourists to indulge in.
- Manali is the perfect place for adventure sports. Solang Valley offers the option of skiing and snowmobiling.
- Different treks in Manali like Brighu trek and Vashisht Temple trek are fun and relatively easy for tourists to enjoy.
- Photography at the idyllic landscapes of mountains and lush green forests is what makes the trip memorable.
- Explore the local market for traditional items and artefacts.
- Indulge in the sumptuous lip-smacking local cuisines.
Holidays are best experienced with proper planning to make them memorable. A trip to the hill stations is ideal in the winter season. Himachal Pradesh has a lot of great places to visit. Shimla, Manali and Dharamshala are the most popular places for tourists to visit in Himachal. A Shimla Manali Dharamshala tour package provides you with an itinerary that covers all the aspects that make the trip faultless. The journey renders a mesmerizing experience for you and your family. These hill stations in the lap of Himalayas are beyond comparison, and you shouldn’t miss the enriching experiences that these tourist pleases have to offer.